top of page


Our Lady of Mercy Convent

Founded by Trinitarios de la Merced Descalza between the XV-XVI centuries, dedicated to the redemption of captives. Destroyed by the Lisbon earthquake, it was raised again in 1756. It is preserved in good condition, especially the Baroque tower, a tower built of stones with a smooth bell body and topped with a spire covered with tiles. It consists of three spaces: convent, church or chapel and orchard.

bottom of page